Coffee lovers unite! This article will tell you the five best and easy ways to make instant whipped coffee, all from the comfort of your own home.
Making instant whipped coffee couldn’t be easier. Hopefully, at least one method mentioned in this article will be helpful to you. Instant whipped coffee tastes delicious when paired with hot or cold milk, but why not experiment by using it with sweet treats!
Ready to find out more? Let’s get to it.
1. How to Make Instant Whipped Coffee with Instant Coffee
- Instant coffee 2x tbsp (any will do)
- Sugar 2x tbsp
- Hot water 2x tbsp
- Milk (hot or iced) ¾ cup
- Vanilla extract ½ x tbsp or cocoa powder 1x tbsp (optional)
- Combine your instant coffee, sugar, and hot water in a large cup or bowl for 2-5 minutes using a whisk. An electric whisk will get the job done quicker, but a handheld whisk is fine to use.
- Once the mixture is of a thick creamy consistency, you can add whatever flavorings you like (cocoa powder, vanilla extract, or any other you want). Whisk again for around 20 seconds.
- Use a flat utensil such as a spatula to ensure the flavoring is spread equally throughout the mixture.
- Top up with your cup of hot or cold milk and enjoy!
2. How to Make Whipped Coffee Using Coffee Beans
If you prefer a richer taste with a darker roast, coffee beans are a great alternative. You will need all of the above ingredients, but substitute the instant coffee for ground coffee beans this time.
- Use your coffee beans to make a strong and concentrated brew. The stronger, the better! This can be made in a regular coffee maker or a coffee machine. Espresso is a great addition to whipped coffee.
- Filter the coffee into a separate cup to ensure no coffee grounds remain in the mix.
- To make one cup of coffee, put two tablespoons of coffee into a glass and whisk together with the sugar.
- Whip the ingredients together for 2-5 minutes until it becomes thick and creamy. Then add your preferred flavoring (if any) and whisk for a further 20 seconds.
- Fill a separate glass with hot or cold milk and spoon over your whisked mixture. Whipped coffee using coffee beans is not as thick as opposed to when it is made with instant coffee.
3. How to Make Vegan Instant Whipped Coffee
Coffee by itself is a vegan product. To make a vegan whipped coffee, you will need to replace cow’s milk with a non-dairy alternative.
It is best to use a heavy vegan creamer in this scenario, as non-dairy milk is difficult to whip into a stiff mixture.
The method is the same as above. Once your ingredients have been whipped together for around five minutes, you can spoon over non-dairy milk of your choice that can be served hot or chilled.
The cream can be used as a topping for pancakes and fruit or warm cookies. Make the most out of your morning whipped coffee.
4. Instant Whipped Coffee With Infused Orange
Push the boat out and infuse your coffee with orange flavoring. Add one tablespoon of freshly squeezed orange juice and whisk away once you have mixed your initial ingredients (instant coffee, sugar, and hot water).
This will add a sweet overtone to your instant whipped coffee. You could also add a sprinkling of cinnamon on top for extra taste.
5. How To Make Instant Whipped Coffee With Honey
Honey is an excellent alternative to using sugar or other sweeteners. To do this, simply add a drizzle of honey to your instant coffee and hot water and start whisking. The stickiness of the honey will bind the ingredients together more quickly.
5 Ways to Whip Your Coffee
1. Shake It
This is an easy (and fun) way to whip your coffee. Simply place the required ingredients into a mason jar or a Tupperware box (anything with an airtight seal) and shake away!
After one minute, you should have a creamy mixture left.
2. Use A Fork or A Whisk
If you aren’t a fan of fancy devices, a plain old fork and whisk will do the trick. It may take a little longer than some of the other options in this list, but you’ll get there eventually!
All you need to do is mix the ingredients quickly with your fork until the ingredients thicken into a foamy substance. Your arm might feel as if it is about to fall off afterward, but you’ll still have one arm to drink your instant whipped coffee with!
3. Use Milk Frother
You may have a milk frother handy if you are a coffee enthusiast. These utensils are cheap to purchase and get the job done in no time at all. Whisk away for 2-3 minutes or until you feel the mixture is whipped to your satisfaction.
4. Use Electric Hand Whisk
The electric hand whisk is the perfect device for whipped coffee. All you need to do is turn the device on and hold it for 2-3 minutes while the whisk does all the work.
5. Use Stand Mixer
This may seem a little over the top, and it probably won’t be necessary if you are making whipped coffee for one! But stand mixers are great if you have guests around and need to make a lot of whipped coffee.
A History of Whipped Coffee
Whipped coffee, also known as Dalgona coffee, derived from South Korea, became popular during lockdowns in 2020.
Recipes for this delicious drink were shared all over social media platforms, drawing interest from coffee lovers all across the globe.
Since this viral trend, whipped coffee has become a firm favorite, particularly for those who work from home. This creamy beverage is not only delicious, but it will also save you hundreds of dollars a year in coffee shop fees!
Best Coffee to Use for Whipped Coffee
If all you have is regular instant coffee, then go ahead and use it. Instant whipped coffee does not require expensive instant coffee in the recipe for it to taste good.
Espresso is a highly concentrated blend of coffee that works well in whipped coffee. Just use a couple of tablespoons and mix together with sugar and hot water before whisking.
Decaf Instant Coffee
If you are restricting your caffeine intake, try using decaffeinated instant coffee. The same method applies, and you can enjoy your whipped coffee with the same great taste.
Best Milk And Other Ways To Use Whipped Coffee
Whipped coffee can be enjoyed using any milk of your choice. If you prefer to drink non-dairy products, try topping up the whip with oat milk or almond milk for a sweeter taste.
Whipped coffee can be used on various sweet treats, including cakes, cookies, and pancakes. You can also freeze this delicious creamy concoction to be used later.
Spoon over vanilla ice cream to create a spin-off Affogato dessert or pair with warm cookies. The trick to using whipped coffee when coupled with sweet treats is to make sure the mixture is whipped into strong peaks. This will prevent it from sliding around the dish it is sitting on.
Take a look at our FAQ section to see if we can “whip” answers to your questions.
Do I Have to Include Sugar in My Whipped Coffee?
Not everybody likes to have sugar included in their coffee. The only problem is the sugar allows the mixture to whip easily. Without it, you may find it hard to create a stiff mixture. If you are trying to cut down on your sweet treats, why not use a sugar alternative such as Stevia. This will give you the same taste but with fewer calories.
Can I Use Regular Coffee Instead of Instant?
Unfortunately, using regular coffee will not work in this recipe. It is not as concentrated as instant coffee. Not only will you fail to create a whipped mixture, but the coffee itself will taste quite bland.
Why Won’t My Mixture Whip Up?
If you are having trouble producing a stiff whip from your ingredients, you may have added too much of something.
Start again and make sure you have equal ingredients. A little too much or too little of one ingredient can cause your whip to become more of a sludgy residue.
How Many Whipped Coffees Can I Have a Day?
Limiting yourself to one or two whipped coffees a day is more than enough.
The addition of flavorings and milk can push the calorie count up high, becoming a problem. Don’t worry about the caffeine content, as there is barely any caffeine in an instant whipped coffee drink.