Last Updated on May 28, 2022 by John Moretti
Two well-known and trusted brands of coffee makers are Cuisinart and Ninja. Cuisinart coffee makers have been a leading brand for years and are well known for their quality and innovation. Ninja Coffee makers are fairly new to making coffee appliances, but these coffee makers have become known as Jack-Of-All-Trades. So, how do these two coffee makers differ from one another?
Cuisinart coffee makers are simple and specialized appliances that perform well in a specific job, such as producing filter coffee from grounded coffee beans. Ninja coffee makers are versatile appliances that can perform multiple jobs, including making filter coffee or café-style drinks.
Cuisinart and Ninja coffee makers are great appliances to have in your kitchen. Below we explore these two brands of coffee makers more in detail by looking at how they differ. We will also look at some of their pros and cons and determine whether one of these brands of coffee makers is potentially better than the other.
Cuisinart or Ninja Coffee Makers, Which Are Better?
I would not say that Cuisinart coffee makers are better than Ninja coffee makers or the other way around. These coffee makers are equally great, and it depends on what you want your coffee maker to do. To determine which coffee maker is better for you, consider how much coffee you drink, do you enjoy specialty coffees such as lattes, and the space in your kitchen.
How Do Cuisinart And Ninja Coffee Makers Differ?
Cuisinart and Ninja coffee makers are very different in many ways. Below we explore three ways of how these two brands of coffee makers differ from one another.
1. Brewing Capacity
Cuisinart and Ninja coffee makers differ in their brewing capacity. Most Cuisinart coffee makers can brew up to 14 cups, whereas Ninja coffee makers can only make 12 cups of coffee.
Cuisinart coffee makers are made of stainless steel with a few plastic components, which give these appliances a stylish and expensive appearance.
Ninja coffee makers look cheaper than Cuisinart coffee makers and have a plasticky appearance as most of the components are made of plastic.
The approach to versatility is a big difference between Cuisinart and Ninja coffee makers.
Cuisinart coffee makers are limited in what they can do, although they do it very well. As an automatic drip coffee maker, Cuisinart coffee makers can make more coffee that tastes great each time than Ninja Coffee Makers.
Ninja coffee makers, on the other hand, are more versatile. These coffee makers can act as automatic drip coffee makers, froth milk with the built-in milk frother, and brew coffee similar to espresso to make café styled drinks.
The Pros And Cons Of Cuisinart Coffee Makers
All appliances have their pros and cons. Cuisinart coffee makers are good appliances in many ways, but they also have their downfalls. We explore both the pros and cons of this machine below.
The Pros Of Cuisinart Coffee Makers
Cuisinart coffee makers have many good qualities that make them great appliances to have in your kitchen. Take a look at the pros below:
- It is easy to use. The Cuisinart coffee comes with a manual with basic instructions on using the appliance, making learning a lot easier.
- Cleaning and maintenance are easy. The Cuisinart is easy to clean and maintain as it has a self-cleaning function to descale the machine and removable components that are dishwasher safe.
- It comes with a three-year warranty. There is a three-year warranty on coffee makers from Cuisinart, so if your machine breaks, it will be replaced.
- It has a charcoal water filter. The built-in charcoal water filter allows you to use tap water instead of filtered or purified water in the appliance.
- They have a built-in coffee grinder. The built-in coffee grinder is convenient and saves you money as you do not have to buy a separate appliance for grinding coffee beans.
The Cons Of Cuisinart Coffee Makers
Cuisinart coffee makers might have many great features, but they also have their downfalls. Below is a list of the cons of the Cuisinart coffee makers:
- It is difficult to access the water tank. Pouring water into the water tank is extremely difficult because of the narrow opening.
- The coffee grinder is noisy. Although the Cuisinart coffee makers have a built-in coffee grinder, it is very loud compared to other coffee grinders.
- They are quite large and tall. Cuisinart coffee makers are unfortunately quite large and tall, which can be a problem if placed on the counter with kitchen cabinets above them. The appliance will have to be moved forward to access the top to fill the water tank or the coffee bean holder.
The Pros And Cons Of Ninja Coffee Makers
Like the Cuisinart coffee makers, Ninja coffee makers also have pros and cons. This brand is new to the coffee machine industry and has earned quite a reputation for its versatility. Below we will review some of its pros and cons.
The Pros Of Ninja Coffee Makers
Ninja coffee makers have many great features that stand out from the other brands. Let us take a closer look at some of the pros of this coffee maker:
- It has a removable water reservoir. The removable water reservoir makes it easier for you to fill it or give it a good wash.
- There are multiple brew styles. Ninja coffee makers often have six brew styles: classic, rich, over ice, cold, specialty, and café forte.
- It has a permanent filter. The permanent filter is easy to remove and clean to be used again. It does not have to be replaced every month like the Cuisinart coffee makers, which can become expensive.
- The appliance is quite compact. Although this appliance can perform various functions, it is smaller than the Cuisinart coffee makers and saves a lot of counter space.
The Cons Of Ninja Coffee Makers
Although Ninja coffee makers have their pros, they also have their cons, however, there aren’t many. Below we discuss two major cons of this brand:
- Coffee tends to burn sometimes. Ninja coffee makers overall produce decent cups of coffee. However, when you use certain brew settings, the coffee maker burns the coffee, making the coffee taste quite bitter and unpleasant.
- Complicated to use for beginners. If you are unfamiliar with coffee makers, learning and understanding how Ninja coffee makers work won’t be easy because of all the machine’s settings and buttons for its versatile functions.
As explained above, Cuisinart and Ninja are two very different brands of coffee makers. Cuisinart coffee makers give coffee drinkers an appliance that looks expensive and stylish, and that is more specialized to produce the perfect cup of coffee each time. Ninja coffee makers are versatile and offer coffee drinkers an all-in-one appliance.
Additionally, we have explored some of the pros and cons of Cuisinart and Ninja coffee makers that make them great and not so great. We also determined that it is extremely difficult to decide which of these two brands of coffee makers is ultimately better as there are many things to take into consideration.