Last Updated on February 6, 2022 by John Moretti
If there’s one thing you can count on in life, it is a hot cup of mocha that will give you the caffeine fix you need.
What is mocha? Mocha is short for “café mocha” and is highly popular; just visit any local coffee shop, and you’ll see. Mochas are so special because you can customize them in various ways, and they bring a whole new flavor dimension to the traditional coffee drink.
There are many different mocha K-cups on the market today, which can be overwhelming. That’s why I’m sharing my list of the best 14 mocha K-cups, where I will take a closer look at each of them. This should help you come to a decision.
1. Café Escapes Gluten Free Mocha K-Cups
This decadent blend of coffee and cocoa leaves no bitter aftertaste; it’s the ideal blend between the two flavors.
The coffee beans are roasted in small batches, which controls the quality. The smoky aroma of coffee beans and the hint of chocolate to balance that out make you crave cup after cup.
This is not the best option for you if you’re concerned with artificial ingredients, as it contains artificial flavors, hydrogenated coconut oil, and modified food starch. Also, it contains 6 grams of sugar, so it’s not a good idea for those who don’t want a sweet coffee drink or those with medical conditions such as diabetes.
- Ideal balance between chocolate and coffee
- Trans-fat free
- No bitter aftertaste
- Contains lots of sugar
- Contains artificial ingredients
2. Roast Ridge Chocolate Mocha K-Cups
Many consumers love this option because they’re budget-friendly. However, just because they’re affordable doesn’t mean they lack quality. This mocha coffee has a rich aroma and premium flavor profile because it’s a blend of coffees from 5 different countries.
The beans for this coffee are grown at high altitudes, from 1200 to 1800 meters above sea level. This is because the air is pure, and the temperature is ideal for coffee trees to grow well.
This chocolate mocha offers a sweet, earthy cocoa flavor profile with hints of ripe red fruits.
- Organic ingredients
- Premium coffee beans
- Grounds sometimes end up in cup after brewing
3. Gevalia Artificial Flavored Mocha K-Cups
If you’re looking for a mocha K-cup that is like what you’d find in your local coffee shop, this is your best option. Gevalia Mocha K-cups offer you sweetness and intensity because its made from real milk and 100% Arabica coffee beans.
With this one, you can have the rich flavor of espresso along with a gorgeous foam on top. Despite the two-step brewing process, you’ll really see no difference between this mocha and the mocha you’d find at the coffee shop.
- Includes latte froth packets
- Made of high-quality Arabica coffee beans
- Exceptional flavor
- Fresh flavor due to organic ingredients and real milk
- Some packaging has been reported as defective.
- On the expensive end of the spectrum
4. Cold Stone Sugar-free Mocha K-cups
Cold Stone Creamery has been known for its high-quality milkshakes, smoothies, ice cream, and cakes for many years. Now, they are making K-cups. These sugar-free mocha K-cups are affordable and ideal for even the most discerning consumer.
You can serve these K-cups hot or over ice. There is no milk/creamer included, so if creaminess is important to you, this is not your best option. However, if you enjoy your coffee black, this is a great choice.
- Can be brewed hot or over ice
- Good for diabetics or those watching their sugar consumption
- Those who prefer a richer taste report this one as being a bit bland.
5. The Original Donut Shop Coconut Mocha K-cups
If a coconut-topped mocha is what you desire, then this is the perfect solution. The Original Donut Shop Coconut Mocha is a slight hint of coconut blended with a strong coffee flavor.
You can improve on the rich and creamy texture by adding a splash of milk and a bit of brown sugar. Of course, there’s no need since the flavor profile is rich but not so strong that it tastes artificial.
It’s important to note that the “Extra Bold” label on the box simply means that they contain more coffee than standard K-cups. So, if you’re sensitive to caffeine, this is not a good option for you.
- Kosher certified
- Can brew up to 12-ounces
- More coffee than regular K-cups
- Precisely designed for exact grind/extraction
- Artificial flavor is a bit strong.
- Tastes watered down
6. Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha K-cups
The Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha K-cups are made from mellow, light-bodied blonde roast coffee. This K-cup is almost exactly like what you would get if you visited your local Starbucks.
Of course, it’s important that you understand the pod is not reusable.
This is ideal for those who don’t like regular mocha’s intense flavor. The chocolate flavor is reduced in white chocolate mocha products so that it blends better with the coffee.
One significant disadvantage is that you can only buy it from Starbucks stores or online. You won’t find it at your local supermarket.
- Excellent aroma
- Bold to mid-astringent flavors
- Perfect balance between white chocolate and coffee
- No cholesterol
- Price is higher than competitors.
- Can only be purchased online or at Starbucks stores
7. Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Mocha K-Cups
This mocha K-cup is a light roast, and the reason light roast coffee is so popular is because the beans are able to keep their natural flavor. They are removed from the plant as soon as the first crack appears.
Green Mountain combines its coffee with golden marshmallows and creamy chocolate flavors. The result is a smooth flavor and pure aftertaste.
Additionally, the company has committed itself to become 100% responsibly sourced by the end of 2021.
- Light roast
- Recyclable pods
- Not bitter
- Clean aftertaste
- Kosher certified
- Expensive for some
- Not ideal for those who prefer a stronger mocha flavor
8. Highland Park Caffeinated Mocha K-cups
The Highland Park Caffeinated Mocha K-cups are made from 100% Arabica coffee beans. It’s free of allergens and kosher certified. You don’t have to be concerned with the safety of these k-cups, as everything is done in the USA.
There are no additives or preservatives used during the freeze-drying process, and the coffee beans are grown without chemicals and pesticides to provide you with the best experience possible.
- High-quality coffee
- Mild, creamy flavor profile
- No pesticides/chemicals used in the growing process
- Certified Kosher friendly
- Free of allergens
- No sweeteners added
- Some cups not fully sealed
- Artificial chocolate flavor used
9. Maud’s Mochaccino Mocha K-cups
The aroma of this mocha is perfectly balanced. It’s not too dark, and it’s not too bright either.
There is a bit of acidity in the aftertaste. When the flavor touches your tongue, it leaves behind lingering citrus notes. This cup of coffee is ideal for starting your day, as it is perfectly balanced.
- Roasted in CA
- 100% recyclable pods
- No artificial flavors
- Sweetness can be a bit overwhelming for some
10. The Original Donut Shop Latte Mocha K-cups
If you’re a mocha enthusiast, the Original Donut Shop Latte Mocha is the ideal option for you. This is made with real milk and has a natural sweetness, so you don’t need any creamer or sweetener.
The pods brew a perfect 10-ounce cup, but if you prefer your mocha a bit stronger, you’ll want to brew the 8-ounce cup instead.
- Made with real milk
- Great flavor- similar to what you’d find at the store
- Pods are recyclable.
- Made with instant coffee
11. Kauai Coffee Macadamia Nut Mocha K-cups
Kauai Coffee Company has 4 million coffee trees in Hawaii, making them the largest coffee grower there. These 100% Arabica beans are cultivated from 5 sources: Blue Mountain, Mundo Novo, Typica, Yellow Catuai, and Red Catuai.
This is a medium roast, so if you want it a bit stronger, brew a smaller cup or if you want it lighter, brew a larger cup. The flavor profile is rich but not burnt, and it doesn’t have any citrus overtones.
These cups are environmentally friendly, using 35% less plastic than regular cups.
- 100% Arabica
- Uses less plastic than other K-cups
- 20% Hawaiian harvested coffee
- Unremarkable for those who prefer strong coffee
- Bitter aftertaste
- Acidic flavor
12. Crazy Cups Vegan Mocha K-cups
Crazy Cups actually offers 6 different mocha K-cups, including Chocolate Coconut Dream, Mocha Turtle, Death by Chocolate, Chocolate Raspberry Truffle, Peppermint Chocolate Mocha, and Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup.
These cups are vegan and contain no gluten or lactose. It’s ideal for anyone that is following a diet; whether you are vegan, Pareve, or kosher, you can be sure that these cups are safe for you to consume.
- Ideal for those on a diet
- Pods are recyclable.
- Pack 35% more coffee in each cup, which means more flavorful coffee
- Flavors are not extraordinary.
- Consumers who prefer stronger coffee find them quite bland.
13. Double Donut Coffee Nut Mocha K-cups
The Double Donut Coffee Nut Mocha is decaffeinated, so it is great for heart conditions for children and individuals. Also, if you want a nice cup of coffee in the evening, you don’t have to be concerned with it keeping you awake.
The flavor profile is a touch of caramel, gooey fudge, and toasted nuts. Additionally, this is a great product if you’re concerned about the environment because the pods are 100% recyclable.
- Well-balanced, mild flavor
- Allows you to indulge your sweet tooth
- Packaging is eco-friendly.
- Not ideal for those who enjoy deep, rich flavors
- Pods often break in the machine, allowing grounds to get into your coffee cup.
14. Timothy’s World Coffee Java Mocha K-Cups
These k-cups provide a mellow, aromatic mocha drink. There is not a bitter aftertaste like you find with some other brands. The beans are grown in ancient mountain ranges and lush Amazonian rainforests.
The airtight packaging prevents light, moisture, and oxygen from entering and also preserves flavor and freshness. This one is highly recommended for those who enjoy a smooth, bold cup of coffee.
It’s important to note that Java is the name of a port located in Ethiopia. It has nothing to do with chocolate.
- Great value for the money
- Ideal for cold brew
- Smooth, full-bodied flavor
- Very little acidity and aftertaste
- Chocolate flavor is not very strong.
- Some of the packaging is faulty.
Mocha is one of the most popular flavors you’ll find at your local coffee shop when it comes to coffee drinks. However, a daily visit to the coffee shop can get quite expensive fairly quickly.
Therefore, you might want to consider getting a Keurig brewer and making your own mocha at home with K-cups. I’ve given you 14 options here; now, you just have to decide which is your favorite.