Last Updated on September 28, 2021 by John Moretti
DeLonghi has come to be one of the world’s premier coffee machine brands. There are very few overall coffee machine brands that are as comprehensive, stylish, effective, reliable, and functional as DeLonghi machines. That being said, which coffee machines in the wide DeLonghi range are the best?
The best DeLonghi manual coffee machine is the La Specialista Maestro EC9665. The best DeLonghi automatic coffee machine is the Eletta Automatic Espresso Machine ECAM45760B. The best DeLonghi Nespresso machine is the Nespresso Lattissima EN750MB.
There is an extensive range of coffee machines available from DeLonghi, but there are a few that stand out from the rest. Let’s go over the best DeLonghi coffee machines on the market today, and highlight what makes these machines so excellent.
DeLonghi La Specialista Manual Coffee Machine
DeLonghi is one of the world’s leading coffee maker brands. There are not many companies that compete with the level of excellence that is achieved by DeLonghi, and the home coffee machines that they produce stand out as a cut above the rest.
The home coffee machine comes in a few different varieties, but the one that is most favored by coffee connoisseurs and home baristas is the manual coffee machine.
The manual coffee machine offers the most control over the coffee that you produce, and the quality of coffee that you make is directly related to your own coffee preparation skills.
DeLonghi has a wide selection of home manual coffee machines available, but the best on the list is the La Specialista Maestro.
The La Specialista Maestro is among the best manual coffee machines on the market and boasts many patented technological features that set it apart from every other manual machine.
The DeLonghi La Specliaista is simply unrivaled. This machine is able to produce immaculate espresso and excellent espresso-based drinks.
It features a high-end bean grinder with multiple grin settings, an excellent high-pressure steam wand, full bean extraction technology, an electronic dose sensor to ensure you use the perfect amount of od coffee grounds, a smart tamping system, and even an automatic milk steamer and milk frother.
The idea behind this elite manual coffee machine is to experience a high-end authentic, artisanal, hand-made cup of coffee at home.
For many coffee lovers, there is no better way to prepare a cup of coffee.
This machine allows for absolute control over your own coffee while providing you with the best tools and technology to take your coffee-making abilities to the highest level.
Baristas and coffee gourmets agree, this is the best machine available on the market right now.
Let’s highlight some of the best aspects and characteristics of the DeLonghi La Specialista coffee machine.
The main key features of the DeLonghi La Specialista manual coffee machine include:
- Coffee Bean Grinder With Adjustable Settings and Electronic Sensors – this smart bean grinder offers 8 different grind settings to perfectly dial in your bean grind for the type of coffee you are using and the drink you want to make. The digital sensors help you control the dose that you use to best balance your coffee.
- The My LatteArt System Steam Wand – this machine is equipped with a powerful steam wand with the perfect-sized wand nozzle. This enables you to perfect texture and steam your milk to create the best possible espresso-based coffee drinks, even enabling you to experiment with your own Latté milk art.
- The LatteCrema System – this is an interesting feature that DeLonghi has incorporated into this manual machine. The LatteCrema system is a specialized milk jug system that automatically steams milk to the perfect consistency and temperature for 5 different espresso-based milk and coffee drinks. The touch of a single button creates the perfect milk for those days when you need a little more automation in your life.
- The Smart Tamping System – part of a perfect brew is perfecting tamping the grinds in the portafilter. The La Specialista is equipped with a smart tamping system to ensure that you get the perfect tamper every time. This technology is proprietary to DeLonghi and not available from any other company.
- The Dynamic Pre-Infusion System – this smart feature adjusts the amount of water that is pushed through the ground coffee beans based on the grind and dose settings that you use when grinding the beans. This ensures that the perfect coffee extraction occurs from every pull of espresso.
- Other Features – other important features of the La Specialista manual coffee machine include automatic shut off, thermoblock heating system, removable water tank, and drip dray, water level indicator, a cup holder, two filters, LED control panel, and the machine is compatible with ESE coffee pods.
Some important specs of the La Specialista coffee machine include:
|Dimension in Inches||16.5 x 14 x 18.5|
|Maximum Cup Height||140mm|
|Pump Pressure||15 bars|
|Water tank Capacity||84.5oz|
|Rated Voltage / Frequency||120V – 60Hz|
The components included with the purchase of the DeLonghi La Specialista manual coffee machine include:
- The La Specialista manual coffee machine.
- 1 x Portafilter.
- 1 x Single Portafilter Basket.
- 1 x Double Portafilter Basket.
- Automatic LatteCrema milk frothing system.
- 1 x Stainless Steel Milk Frothing Pitcher.
- 1 x Container of Descaling Solution.
- 1 x Total Hardness Test.
- 1 x Cleaning Brush.
- 1 x Cleaning Cloth.
- Instructional Manual.
- Warranty up to three years upon registering the product with DeLonghi.
The DeLonghi Las Specialista manual coffee machine is one of the most expensive models on the market, but it is well worth the cost.
An important aspect of any coffee machine is the possible drinks that can be made easily by using the machine.
This machine has 6 automatic drink settings that can automatically create Espresso, Black Coffee, Americano, Flat White, and Latté.
The possibilities for coffee drinks using the La Specialista are only limited to what you know how to create. Any espresso-based coffee drink can be prepared using this machine.
DeLonghi Eletta Automatic Espresso Machine
The DeLonghi Eletta automatic espresso machine is the highest quality automatic coffee machine produced by DeLonghi.
This machine is designed to make the process of creating advanced and intricate coffee beverages as simple and straightforward as possible.
This machine features everything that a coffee lover would need, including an integrated burr bean grinder with various grind settings, an automatic milk-steaming system that can create several steamed milk varieties, and the ability to fully brew any espresso-based coffee drink by pressing one button.
The features and functionality of this automatic machine are quite staggering. DeLonghi has thought of everything when composing this machine, right to its ability to self-clean the integrated milk reservoir.
The Eletta makes perfect cups of coffee every time and is an all-in-one machine that will suit every coffee lover’s requirements and preferences.
This machine is intuitive and easy to use, and the user interface is pleasant. It features metal touch-sensitive buttons to make your coffee selections, and the menu built into the interface allows you to finely control every aspect of your coffee or to allow the machine to fully automatically brew your selected beverage.
This is the perfect coffee machine who want to simply press a button and receive a perfectly brewed cup of coffee in any variety.
Let’s take the time to properly examine some of the key features and specifications of the DeLonghi Eletta automatic coffee machine.
- LatteCrema Milk Frothing System – the automatic LatteCrema milk frothing system that the Eltts is equipped with is very similar to that on the La Specialista. However, the system on the Eletta is more integrated into the machine, as it is designed to automatically prepare the perfect milk and deposit it into your cup without any manual input whatsoever.
- Metal Sensor Touch Control Panel – this is the interface on the Letta that features a clear LED display that is always easy to read. The interface has 16 integrated languages and provides all of the milk-based espresso beverages available at the touch of a button.
- The Milk Menu – this feature is a DeLonghi integrated feature that allows the user to choose the exact type of milk they would like for their drink based on the density and foam they prefer. The available options are Latté milk, Flat White milk, Steamed milk (similar to Cappuccino milk), and Custom, which allows the user to design their own custom milk creation.
- Compact Design – the Eletta is one of the most compact machines made by DeLonghi, but it is simultaneously one of the most powerful, advanced, and versatile machines produced by the company.
- Programmable Features – there are many programmable features integrated into the Eletta, such as the water hardness, the type of milk, the ground coffee coarseness, and many other sensors that you can set to create your perfect cup of coffee based on your preferences, every time you make a cup of coffee.
Some important technical specifications of the Eletta include:
|Dimensions in Inches||14.2 x 10.2 x 18.4|
|Pump Pressure||15 bars|
|Beans Container Capacity||14.1oz|
|Maximum Cup Height||5.5”|
|Rated Voltage / Frequeny||110/120V – 50/60Hz|
The Eletta is one of the more costly machines in the DeLonghi range, but it is worth the price for the fully automated coffee experience that it provides.
The coffee drinks that can be prepared with the DeLonghi Eletta automatic coffee machine are limited to the drinks that the machine is equipped to prepare automatically.
This includes drinks such as Macchiatos, Lattés, Cappuccinos, Espresso, Americanos, and Flat Whites.
DeLonghi Nespresso Lattissima Pro
The Latissima Pro combines the build quality and excellent automatic coffee preparation of DeLonghi coffee machines with the simplicity and convenience of Nespresso coffee pods.
This machine is ideal for those who enjoy Nespresso coffee and those who want the convenience of a pod machine while still craving advanced and intricate coffees that only Nespresso can provide.
The beauty of the Nespresso-DeLonghi coalition is the excellence in craftsmanship and coffee preparation that is provided by DeLonghi machines, with the variety, easy, and great coffee flavors provided by Nespresso.
This is an excellent combination of simplicity and excellence.
One of the defining features of this machine is its ability to create multiple espresso-based coffee drinks with any type of Nespresso pod.
This means that you no longer need to buy the Nespresso pods for Cappuccino or Flat White that have separate pods for milk; you can use any Nespresso pod to create any available coffee drink.
The steamed milk system on the Latissima Pro is one of the best on the market and is a type of DeLonghi’s LatteCrema milk-steaming system. This system creates very dense, rich, smooth milk textured steamed milk that is perfect for any espresso-milk drink.
This is not only in the top three DeLonghi coffee machines; it is one of the best-quality coffee pod machines on the market today.
The Lastissima is also the most affordable machine on this list, at a retail price of $649.
Let’s take a better look at the best features and specifications of the DeLonghi Nespresso Latissima Pro.
Key Features of the Latissima Pro
Some of the most stand-out features of the Latissima Pro include:
- Simple Cleaning – the Latissima Pro includes an auto-clean feature that automatically cleans the machine. The milk container is removable, and it is dishwasher safe, which makes this one of the most straightforward coffee machines to clean and maintain. The Latissima also features a removable, used capsule tray to collect your used pods until discarding them all at once.
- One-Touch Functionality – this machine has a one-touch display that allows the user to designate which drink to make with the touch of one button. The machine will automatically pull the correct amount of water through the coffee capsule and create the perfect milk for your selected drink without any manual input other than one push of a button.
The Final Word
DeLonghi coffee machines are among the best in the world. This company has a wide range of coffee machines available, as well as other appliances, but the three on this list are the best that they produce and the highest regarded by coffee enthusiasts.
These machines are quite pricey, but if you can afford them, they are well worth the cost. It’s effectively impossible to put a price on having high-quality coffee at home, and if that is something that is important to you, there is nothing that can match these DeLonghi coffee machines.